Sunday 5 February 2012

Mac n' Cheese Whizzed

Lovin' the orange! ps, I used gluten free pasta. KD and cheese whiz are probably not completely gluten-free but ah well!

Cheez Whiz, KD and a rather large banana.

Kraft dinner? Yes, kraft dinner. With chees whiz. Sounds like the most disgusting combination and definitely not something to be featured on a food blog right? Well, there's a story behind this. Laura. I've been friends with Laura for almost 9 years now. We met in grade 7. That was forever ago. To be honest, I don't miss those days. Junior high was not the highlight was anyone's life. It was a time of social awkwardness and cliquey teenagers. What I do miss from those days were times spent with Laura after school eating KD with cheese whiz. She still makes it better. Creamy, almost soupy mac n' cheese. It actually became a requested food item when I went to her house. Along with our mac n' cheese, we would have sundaes after. Those were the days, when I didn't feel sick after doing that to my body. 

So ever since I had this blog idea, I've been wanting to feature this. It's nothing gourmet, it's nothing fancy, it's completely bad for you. But it's heart-warming, cozy, and comforting. This was a week for a comforting dish. Things are going nuts. As if I wasn't doing enough outside of school, I am now doing another day with Special Olympics, signing on for a more permanent volunteer position at school, and getting more involved in Psi Chi (psychology honours society). I figure all this will eventually land me into med school. Eventually, hopefully, maybe. If not, I will just cook and eat for the rest of my life. Both of which are very enjoyable.

Let's not drag this on... here's the recipe!


Mac n' Cheese Whizzed
*courtesy of Laura*

Total time: 15min
Serves: 2 or 1 if you're hungry

Ingredients



1 box Kraft Dinner-- the orangey stuff, that's the stuff
2 tbsp Butter
3 tbsp Chees Whiz-- if you're going to do this, might as well go with the full fat original
1/3-1/2 cup milk-- depending on how soupy you want it


Directions
Butter up!
Yummy Cheez Whiz!

1. Cook the pasta, then drain
2. Return pasta to the pot, add butter.
3. Once butter is mostly melted, add the cheese whiz.
4. Once the cheese whiz is mostly melted, add that orange goodness of KD cheese powder.
5. Stir until well incorporated.
6. Add milk and stir until nice and creamy.
7. Serve it up!

Kelsey and I made this. We figured we would balance it with a spinach salad on the side. Then butter pecan ice cream with Ides of March later that night.


I also thoroughly enjoyed my mac n' cheese comfort while rocking my jammies. I love jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment